Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

confused about declaring increase or not...

(4 Posts)
GingerCuddleMonsterThe2nd Thu 21-Jan-16 19:43:17

Today I came home tfrom work to a conxentrix letter, wanting to know about childcare costs.

I thought no problem, I've got everything they need and have requested a statement of account from the nursery no drama.

Then I realised my childcare went up but I didnt declare it. And both me and the man at the tax office couldn't figure out if I should have confused

I pay mmonthly, the same amount. My child has 2 full days a week, every week for 52 weeks of the year. My childcare cost has gone up by £3 a week. Now I didn't think I needed to declare that, I had in my head £10 or more.

I kept reading the passage to myself in the WTC5 guide over and over and began to confuse myself, so I thought the contact centre will know, well he was as confused as me and said no it's gone up by over £10 a month and said I should have, but then said oh no it's weekly average. He was as confused as me sad

It's been a long day, can anyone else help?

Am I going to get in trouble for £3 a week I haven't asked for help with?! Knowing my luck.....yes blush

Freeandsinglewater Thu 21-Jan-16 20:28:34

I've also had a concentrix letter, I'm in the same boat.
I was told if the weekly cost went up over £10 a week. I've written it down on my letter.

Freeandsinglewater Thu 21-Jan-16 20:30:21

That should read the letter that I'm sending concentrix.

GingerCuddleMonsterThe2nd Thu 21-Jan-16 20:41:37

I've done the same

"please note £3 increase on average weekly cost, therefore under the £10 understood threshold and not declared"

Fuck knows, the boy on the phone kept reading it to. I mean regardless of how you work it out weekly it's not increased by £10 or more so I'm done with it. I'm stressed enough as it is without something else on my plate to worry about. I feel like crying sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: