Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Questions re YNAB 4 Help!

(13 Posts)
krisskross Wed 20-Jan-16 21:45:26

Hi there
Some time ago i used YNAB for a while but got out of the habit.

I've decided to start using again (continuing with YNAB 4 not 5) but I logged in and i have forgotten it all!! I've signed up for a couple of webinars but I think they are for YNAB5.

Does anyone know if i can still access the old user guides/ webinars?

I am totally flummoxed, I understood it before (albeit on a basic level) but now i have forgotten it all!!

krisskross Thu 21-Jan-16 17:46:35

Bump

krisskross Sat 23-Jan-16 10:45:35

Someone? The other thing is I can't work out how to clear everything that went before? Can I just reconcile account with my current balance, without using Internet banking.

DavesPiglings Sat 23-Jan-16 21:28:58

I'm not sure about the videos and help. Have you looked on youtube for them?

I think if you want to start again it would be best to have a fresh start and start a with a brand new budget. If you go to the top of the screen and select file and create new budget, that should do it smile

I've got about 5-6 months behind with mine. Managed to finally get it up to date this week. I'm trying the new version and I think I prefer it smile

krisskross Sat 23-Jan-16 23:52:15

Ooh thanks dave didn't know I could start a new one....just looking at the old one confused me! Thanks

sandgrown Sat 23-Jan-16 23:57:00

Please can I ask something as thinking of signing up for ynab. Can you change it from dollars to pounds? Thanks

krisskross Sun 24-Jan-16 10:14:45

When you budget? Yes, I use it in pounds

krisskross Sun 24-Jan-16 10:15:17

When you budget? Yes, I use it pounds

sandgrown Sun 24-Jan-16 11:51:40

Thank you

lilacclery Tue 01-Mar-16 16:13:50

I bought ynab last year but didn't use it. Tried a few times but between dropbox issues and all I didn't commit. It was on laptop which I only use about once a week.

I've started the free trial of new ynab and will see at the end of the month whether to kickstart my ynab4 or sign up for the new one.

Anyone tried new one?

lougle Tue 01-Mar-16 16:35:05

I used ynab4 and now use newynab. It's fine. I am waiting for them to add reports, etc., but all is good otherwise.

lilacclery Tue 01-Mar-16 17:08:36

Would you go back to ynab4?

ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Wed 27-Apr-16 15:41:10

I started using the old YNAB last year but got out the habit of updating it. As it's the start of a new financial year, I thought I would give it another go. I have a new laptop & could not remember the login details, so signed up for a free trial of the new version.
I'm really struggling with it though. I'm normally fine with budgets etc, but I cant figure out where it's getting some of it's total from now. For example - the total inflows does not match either my income or my income plus my opening balances
I don't know if it's because I'm on a free trial or what, but there dos not seem to be much that you can do with the system - no reports etc.
Is anyone else having problems with this new version ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now