Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Please help me with benefits!

(4 Posts)
ohoneybeeo Wed 20-Jan-16 08:44:33

Hello,
I'm a foster Carer and want to apply for income support.
However I still owed my parents money for the deposit of my house (13k) which I had in an ISA, so as soon as it had opened I transferred the money to them. That was 6 weeks ago.
Does anyone know how far back they will check my bank accounts? As I don't want it to be seen as money laundering and get declined.

Thanks in advance.

softpulp Wed 20-Jan-16 09:02:36

When I applied for IS they didn't check bank account balances at all. They said they didn't need proof if savings were below 5.5k.

Saphwoodman Wed 20-Jan-16 09:45:22

I think you will be fine as long as it's not in your bank anymore. I had £6000 that I was given by my sons dad to put in to savings for my son as his nan died and was some of his inheritance, I transferred it a week later and applied for income support a few months later during summer holidays from uni and they didn't check anything

ohoneybeeo Wed 20-Jan-16 11:06:02

Thankyou. I have 3000 in savings but I thought they would still do a bank check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now