Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

lloyds 'save the change'

(3 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Mon 18-Jan-16 15:06:57

Does anybody have one of these accounts?

I currently don't earn enough to put a guaranteed x amount away every week/month but I always always use my debit card. It's very very rare I have cash.

If anyone does have this- has it helped? Or does it take aaaages to save anything?

fidel1ne Mon 18-Jan-16 15:09:49

I turned it on for a year. It was quite a fast way to save, but it was like being taxed and it was too accessible. I don't know why but it annoyed me and I kept dipping into it because it wasn't 'proper' savings blush

Roundles Mon 18-Jan-16 19:33:40

I use it and find I.dont miss the small amounts, and while I'm not ever going to retire in what it sets by, every little helps. I would say do it - even seeing a small amount there could encourage you to get your save on! Also I think I gets you an extra point for your Lloyds credit rating - as apparently I am a sensible banker, and I cant see any reason they would have to come to this conclusion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now