Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child maintainance advice desperately needed!!

(9 Posts)
loveinfinate Fri 15-Jan-16 20:40:46

Hope someone who has maybe been here before can advise me!

I have two children who, due to a ruling by the family court, are not allowed to be contacted by their biological father until they are 18.

He has been paying £450 every month since our divorce in 2012, in child maintainance payments.

However, I recieved a letter this moring telling me that, as of November, his income per week was £0 and therefore I would recieve no future payments.

All the CSA can tell me is that he isn't currently recieving benefits and is no longer employed by his previous company according to the tax office.

My question is, does this mean he has gone to prison?

He has been in trouble with the police before and would not have anyone else to help him out, I don't think.

I'm just really confused and worried. If anyone can offer me any advice or information on what this nill means then I would appreciate it so very much!

pickledparsnip Fri 15-Jan-16 20:42:06

Perhaps he has lost his job?

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 15-Jan-16 20:55:07

It means he's got no income. That's all anybody can tell you. If you don't know how do you expect strangers to? confused

loveinfinate Fri 15-Jan-16 21:02:56

If he had lost his job in November then he would be claiming benefits in the two months since. The CSA webside doesn't state loss of job as a nill payment, only if they are 16 - 18 or in prison. I was hoping someone else might have experience of what has happens when a letter like this comes through...

RudeElf Fri 15-Jan-16 21:06:10

He's met a partner who is fully supporting him? Or he has left his job and is doing cash in hand work?

floppyjogger Fri 15-Jan-16 21:06:17

He could be living with a woman who is supporting him?

My ex did this and had a nil assessment.

loveinfinate Fri 15-Jan-16 21:15:32

I really hope not because he's a child abuser under police surveillance 😢 It scares me to death that he could do to another family what he did to us. Thanks for your advice guys. Its really appreciated.

RudeElf Fri 15-Jan-16 21:17:16

Well living with another woman doesnt necessarily mean living with children.

Boxymcloxy1900 Fri 15-Jan-16 22:43:31

Wow. I can see why you're worried. No advice but thanks for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now