Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI Claim, Financial Ombudsman wants to speak to us

(8 Posts)
DurhamDurham Wed 13-Jan-16 18:16:47

We made a claim as we are sure we were mis-sold PPI.
The company we made the claim to turned down our application to be reimbursed/compensated so we took it to the Financial Ombudsman.
We have had an answer phone message today asking us to call the Financial Ombudsman.

Does anyone have any experience of this? What are we likely to be asked and should we take it as a good or bad sign? ( or do they routinely call everyone who contacts them?)

Many thanks for your help smile

ImperialBlether Wed 13-Jan-16 18:23:50

I made a claim years ago. I know I did speak to them on the phone. I think they just wanted to clarify something.

Why did you use a company? It's easy to do it yourself.

DurhamDurham Wed 13-Jan-16 18:32:31

Apologies I wasn't clear, I meant the company that we had taken the original PPI out with rather than a PPI claims company.

I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they want.

Was your claim successful in the end ( if you don't mind me asking )We aren't sure of our chances, but feel justified in making a claim.

ImperialBlether Wed 13-Jan-16 18:50:48

Ohh okay. Yes, my claims were against Lloyds who ended up paying everyone who'd had PPI.

What did you have PPI on?

DurhamDurham Wed 13-Jan-16 18:54:16

The PPI was on a mortgage on the first house we bought.

ImperialBlether Wed 13-Jan-16 19:02:19

If you Google the name of the provider and PPI claims you should be able to find out whether you should've been given it. Are you sure it's PPI and not insurance?

DurhamDurham Wed 13-Jan-16 19:03:56

We've just checked our paperwork and it's PPI, I'll google the company now. Thanks so much for your input smile

ImperialBlether Wed 13-Jan-16 19:05:29

They were selling it on everything and to everyone. Pensioners were being sold it in case they were made redundant etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now