Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Need to claim IS but am too scared to phone

(2 Posts)
SusanDelfino Mon 11-Jan-16 16:16:11

I'm in the process of splitting up with H so I need to phone up IS to claim. I'm not a native speaker and anxious on the phone at the best of times so I've been putting the call off.

Are they scary on the phone? What information will they want from me?

I really need to make the call and have been trying to gear myself up to it all day but I still haven't managed.... sad

diamonddogs Mon 11-Jan-16 20:31:36

Just print out the form and send it. I don't like using the phone either and it was fine to claim by post. They might call you anyway though if they have to query anything.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: