Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Switching from working tax credits to income

(1 Post)
BelleBoyd Fri 08-Jan-16 10:00:13

I need to stop claiming working tax credits and start claiming income support.
I've been self employed and am a lone parent with 2 children-5 and 1 and I need to stop working for various reasons. I was on a very low income.
I know I need to fill in and send off an income support claim form but what do I do about timing that with stopping working tax credits? And how to I stop claiming them?
My worry is the tax credits will stop before the income support payments start and I'm anxious to time them so I don't have a period receiving nothing..
Any advice? Or anyone done the same?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: