Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

ESA and tax?

(4 Posts)
ladybird69 Thu 07-Jan-16 22:51:00

I'm receiving ESA at the moment, the income related ESA, do I have to pay tax? as I got a form from the tax office but have no idea what to do about it. any advice would be great Tia

Akire Thu 07-Jan-16 22:57:36

you don't pay tax on income based but you can on contribution based as you will be considered to have a higher income. Worth ringing tax office or filling in the form. I always get a tax summary at end of year but always shows zero owed.

Akire Thu 07-Jan-16 22:59:39

Explains it here... Sort of!

ladybird69 Thu 07-Jan-16 23:19:50

thanks Akire
I've been trying to get through to tax line but it's just a nightmare so I'll take a look at that web page. thank you for help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now