Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

which app to track spending?

(5 Posts)
TeddTess Tue 05-Jan-16 18:29:31

i'm looking for an app (iphone) to record mine and dh's spending. I don't particularly want or need it to link to our bank account. I'd like to be able to create our own categories to assign the £ spent.

any recommendations?

crazycatdad Tue 05-Jan-16 19:16:45

I'd recommend YNAB (You Need A Budget). If you follow the guide and set up your categories properly it will change your financial life. They run free online classes to help you with it. The only downside is that it just changed from an app you could buy for 20-30 quid to a service you need to subscribe to for $50 USD/year. I won't be upgrading for now, but I would still say it's worth the cost as there's nothing else like it I'm aware of. Gives you full insight into how much gets spent, where, and on what. The app is available for iphone or android and allows you to track spending on your various budget categories, which you manage via their website.

May be more than you were looking for but they let you try it for a month or so, worth a look. www.youneedabudget.com/

TeddTess Tue 05-Jan-16 19:21:15

thanks will take a look

Allofaflumble Tue 05-Jan-16 21:21:43

I have been using Spending Tracker. Love it.

TeddTess Tue 05-Jan-16 21:49:57

thanks, do they let you set your own categories?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now