Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Arranging a will - best way?

(11 Posts)
Cinnamon2013 Sat 02-Jan-16 11:44:28

Hi

Married with one DC and one more coming soon. Me and DH want to set up a will. Relatively straightforward set up, only complication is that my family lent us money to buy our house and he is paying that back to them. Some arrangement would probably need to be sorted for that.

Do I need a solicitor or have you had success doing it on the high street etc, and if so who would you recommend?

Thanks

cupcakesandwine Sat 02-Jan-16 14:18:58

I recommend this mumsnetter (Mumblechum) www.marlowwills.co.uk.

She is a professional will writer. I'm a lawyer (though not in the wills and probate field) and I chose her to do my will. Excellent job, concise, clear and a pre-agreed price. Delivered on time. Can't really improve on this.

Cinnamon2013 Sat 02-Jan-16 18:03:38

Excellent - thank you!

mumblechum1 Mon 04-Jan-16 15:39:54

Cupcakes Thank you so much for the plug!

Cinnamon please do feel free to PM me or there's a paid for advert on Classifieds smile

LaCerbiatta Mon 04-Jan-16 15:43:13

I second marlow wills. She did ours in the summer and was incredibly efficient and a pleasure to deal with.

ProjectPerfect Mon 04-Jan-16 15:43:42

Another lawyer who had mumblechum draft her will. Whole heatedly recommend.

mumblechum1 Mon 04-Jan-16 17:07:01

flowers to LaCerbiatta and ProjectPerfect, you lovely people you!!

Cinnamon2013 Tue 05-Jan-16 14:27:30

website and reviews look great - I'll be in touch soon via contact on website, mumblechum.

mumblechum1 Tue 05-Jan-16 14:28:17

btw our web email server has thrown a wobbler (technical term) so best PM me at the moment.

Cinnamon2013 Tue 05-Jan-16 20:26:10

Ok cool - will prob be in a couple of weeks when me and DH have got our act together.

mumblechum1 Tue 05-Jan-16 23:39:26

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now