Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Conectrix

(8 Posts)
EleanorDdd Sun 27-Dec-15 10:53:57

Hi all. I'm new to this and a little worried. My husband and I split in March this year. I phoned tax credits and changed my circumstances to a single person. My husband was always in contact with the kids and seen them everyday which I encouraged as the kids were distraught when he left. We were beginning to get along better than ever and realised how much we missed eachother so made a desision to give things another go. We made the date for the move as first weekend in December. The thing I'm writing about is I received a letter from concentrix in November asking for utility bills, bank statements, mortgage statement etc. This is no problem but I'm worried as my husband never changed his address the time we were apart. We just never seen the need to as he was always here to see kids and any post was simply picked up. What do I do? Do I send things to concentrix and explain he has moved back in? Do I send only what they ask for and call hmrc to tell them of circumstances change? After reading stories online I'm past myself with worry they think my husband never left. Please help! Thanks.

justjuanmorebeer Sun 27-Dec-15 19:31:53

Send everything they ask for asap. Presumably he was paying maintenence in his absence so send proof of this.

bimbobaggins Mon 28-Dec-15 18:12:06

Does your dh have anything to prove that he was staying else when he had moved out?

EleanorDdd Mon 28-Dec-15 18:54:51

He has nothing to prove he was elsewhere. He moved back in to his parents house. He left everything down at my address as he was simply lazy. And to be honest I had no idea letting him use this address for post would be a.problem. When I asked him to leave I had loads to sort out. I had no bank account so had to open one. I changed all wages and benefits onto my account as they all previously were paid into husbands account. I had all my bills to move into my name as everything was all in his name. I had all that to sort out so didn't even think his post would be an issue!
What is likely to happen? I'm happy to repay any monies they say I owe but I'm worried sick at the minute?
Thanks.

EleanorDdd Mon 28-Dec-15 18:57:49

Also he never paid maintenance. He carried on paying the mortgage instead as he paid nothing at his parents and loves his kids and wanted to make sure they kept the roof over thier heads.

bimbobaggins Mon 28-Dec-15 22:33:59

If there is no proof at all that your partner moved out then they may not believe he has. I recently went through an investigation myself as my ex partner is still connected to our mortgage but he doesnt pay any maintenance. I sent off the requested documents and where he currently lives and i got a letter saying my claim was ok and no further action required.

I have to say it was a very stressful time for me.

EleanorDdd Mon 28-Dec-15 23:02:51

Thank you bimbobagans. Like I've said. Me husband has always paid mortgage and is under both our names. I've also allowed my mother to use this address for post only. She has never lived here. I hope this won't be a reason for my enquiry into my claim. All I can do is send off info they've asked for and see what they come back with. Thank you so much for the replies. I'm so worried about the whole thing!

Lubiejane Tue 05-Jan-16 23:18:14

I got my divorce paper on the Friday before Christmas and then on the Saturday I got the letter from Conextrics asking for proof I don't live with my ex husband.That rained on my parade lol..Anyway most bills are in my name except sky which is a nightmare to cancel as my ex has to do it as the account is in his name.we have joint account which once again he has to play a part in cancelling it to no avail. I don't use that account to at all..the bills are all paid from my account..aĺl are in my name except Sky.I've sent council tax bill which says I have single persons discount and of course my fresh Divorce Absolute papers..If this isn't enough than I have no idea what is..if I've responded before the deadline can they stop payments while they trawl through all them documents.Anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now