Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

IPhone insurance

(10 Posts)
Hedgehoginthegarden Fri 25-Dec-15 11:41:40

Can anyone recommend a good insurance for iPhone 5s. Dd has wrecked old phone (once cracked screen and twice in water!) So I'm looking for hassle free insurance who are reliable and quick if (when) we need to claim. And good value as well. Never had phone insured before and wish I had now.

GloriaHotcakes Fri 25-Dec-15 11:43:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hedgehoginthegarden Fri 25-Dec-15 12:03:50

I'm not sure if ours covers mobile phones being dropped down the toilet! And doesn't it put your premiums up if you claim. I shall look into it anyway.
Car phone warehouse do insurance if you buy the phone through them but it is quite pricey, £13 a month or something. Its convenient though as apparently you can just take it in the shop and they will either replace or repair.

GloriaHotcakes Fri 25-Dec-15 12:07:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SeoulSista Fri 25-Dec-15 12:12:45

Not in UK but bought AppleCare+ was very happy when l smashed screen incl the LCD screen. Zeros hassle at the authoritised repair centre.

Hedgehoginthegarden Fri 25-Dec-15 19:56:26

Applecare is expensive and you can only claim a few times on it i think. However, dd has decided she is not going to spend all her Christmas money on a new phone and thinks she will buy a second hand one. I dont think its a good idea and I probably won't be able to insure it anyway.

maccax Tue 29-Dec-15 20:44:40

Hi Hedge',
We're an iPhone family...all bought new(ish) used from Cex.
No monthly contracts, (GiffGaff on O2 @ £7.50 p/m, one month at a time)
One screen replaced for £10 at local market!

I would recommend spending on a good protective case and forget insurance.
If phone is wrecked, for the prices we paid, we just buy another!!!

Hope this helps.

imnottoofussed Tue 29-Dec-15 20:55:47

I got dd's insured with protect my bubble, seems ok, £7.50 is per month, I had to claim for it being dropped down the toilet, no problems encountered at all

Hedgehoginthegarden Wed 30-Dec-15 20:16:43

Thanks. I'll see how much she spends and what the phone is like then decide if insurance is worth it.

Hedgehoginthegarden Thu 31-Dec-15 10:53:44

Good news is that the phone is covered on the house insurance. £50 excess which I will get dd to pay and she can also pay for any increased premiums and future insurance for the phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now