Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Places to sell things?

(4 Posts)
whyistherumgone Mon 21-Dec-15 13:00:21

Hi all, apologies if this has been posted before, I'm quite new to the site.
Anyways, I am a freelance writer/social media manager/transcriber by trade, but have my wedding coming up next year so am trying to fill as many hours as possible.
I make jewellery and knit hats - have done for years - used to sell them at jewellery 'parties' and do quite well out of it, but that requires travel/additional expense. Was just wondering if anyone sells similar on any websites that they wouldn't mind recommending (aside from ebay which is a bit naff for sellers now, or so I've found) or whether you've had success setting up your own website shop?
Ta in advance and merry christmas xx

Moonandstarsandback Mon 21-Dec-15 13:28:51

Etsy?

NickyEds Mon 21-Dec-15 14:56:10

I used to sell on both Etsy and Folksy-crafty type things

19lottie82 Mon 21-Dec-15 16:25:35

Yes etsy is your best bet, and maybe try eBay too?

Also don't mean to be a nag, but remember that as you're making things with the intention to sell on, you are now officially a business so you'll need to keep basic accounts and submit a self assessment tax return to the HMRC at the end of each financial year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now