Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can anyone explain now TV/fire sticks to me?

(4 Posts)
Notgoodtogo Fri 18-Dec-15 15:15:23

Hi all. Just that really! I'm trying to save some money and wondered if I need a smart tv or my normal tv is ok? Also my mobile provider has offered line rental, broadband and now TV for £35 a month which sounds quite good to me. Plus another £7 if I want the kids to carry on watching too many cartoons and upgrade to the kids' pack. What would you do? Thanks!

19lottie82 Fri 18-Dec-15 22:40:32

You use a fire stick / now TV box to basically turn your regular TV into a smart TV so you can watch Amazon prime / now to / Netflix ect.

Can't really comment on your deal as would need more details on speeds / allowances ect. Is the BB fibre optic? If not the speeds may not be high enough to reliably stream shows via the Internet?

RebootYourEngine Sat 19-Dec-15 22:19:19

Now tv is 6.99 per month for the entertainment pack. You get 11 sky channels, 3 of them are kids ones. It is an extra 9.99 per month for movies or sky sports.

Have they said how it would work because now tv is a non contract thing. You can cancel it any time you want by giving thema months notice, would you still be able to do that and what package are you getting for the 35 per month?

Notgoodtogo Sat 26-Dec-15 23:20:10

Thanks for the advice. I was a bit confused by my phone provider offer so I renegotiated with my current one and lost a couple of channels. Have halved the bill nearly! I'll look at other options when contract is up. I do get really lost with these things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now