Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone recommend their buildings and contents insurance?

(6 Posts)
annandale Sun 29-Nov-15 12:29:33

Nice bland title for a thread with a deal grin I've managed to let our insurance lapse confused and I need to sort that out pronto. It occurs to me that someone out there might have a 'recommend a friend' deal from their insurer where they get some vouchers out of it if I take out insurance. Fancy recommending yours? What do you have to do to get that deal?

specialsubject Sun 29-Nov-15 15:49:37

nice idea but you cannot wait for anything, your house is at risk.

get on the comparison sites, fill in all the detail - also look at those not on the sites. You'll see a factor of 10 difference in quotes so vouchers are not really an issue.

get typing NOW!

BackforGood Sun 29-Nov-15 16:00:05

Might be worth trying your union if you are in one - the associated company have provided the bast deal for us for YEARS (and I check the comparison sights most years and they can't touch the price)

annandale Sun 29-Nov-15 19:25:46

Ooh thanks backforgkod that's worth a try.

Luxyelectro Sun 29-Nov-15 19:28:59

I dont know about the recommend a friend thing; I have direct line and it was much cheaper than the comparison sites and cheaper still online

whirlybird42 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:16:42

I'd get online now, especially with this stormy weather. If you have a mortgage you're probably also breaching your terms by not insuring your property.

I use confused.com, compare the market or money saving expert to look at recommended deals. I think I'm with nationwide at the moment but that worked out best in terms of excesses, premium and cover - included legal expenses, for example.

Please don't wait though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now