Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

UC

(4 Posts)
Luxyelectro Thu 26-Nov-15 18:52:49

Can someone tell me definitively what will happen to my benefits once I get transferred to universal credit?

I currently get ESA, tax credits, PIP and a severe disability premium

Will I get the same amount under UC ?
Many thanks. I'm totally confused. I don't know whether the family element of tax credits will change my tc either
Single disabled parent. Unable to work ( obv, from above )

Becca19962014 Thu 26-Nov-15 21:03:55

Unfortunately no one knows for definite, it all still appears to be theoretical. The only people claiming at the moment are single with none of the premiums e.g. they don't have children or disabilities.

If you are in ESA work group then that element is ending (and will for everyone eventually as renewal generates a new claim in my experience) - the amount of ESA work group paid will be the same as JSA. How the rest will or not work under UC I don't think anyone knows.

Luxyelectro Thu 26-Nov-15 21:56:30

Becca. Thanks for replying. I couldn't find any definitive answers anywhere - and if they haven't worked it out yet, then that would explain it. I'm in the ESA support group so hopefully they may leave me alone. Doubt it though

Becca19962014 Thu 26-Nov-15 23:15:18

IM sorry it wasn't the definitive answer you wanted, but at least you know you couldn't find an answer because there isn't one - just a lot of speculation.

Honestly I don't expect them to leave support group alone, as it is they get assessed more and more and criteria narrows every year. It's very worrying I know, but try and concentrate on the fact that for now it's ok (I know that's easier said than done - Because I'm terrified of UC myself and know exactly where you're coming from).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now