Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

YNAB

(5 Posts)
Sansoora Wed 25-Nov-15 05:05:20

Good morning smile

I have downloaded the YNAB app and Im wondering if anyone else uses it because Im finding it a bit confusing.

I receive all my money into my account on the 27th of the month so is that November or Decembers money. Do I log it as Novembers income but put my expenditure in the December column?

thank you

FishWithABicycle Wed 25-Nov-15 06:28:25

I don't use that app but in general for budgeting I would treat that as December money - if it goes in November you'll have 27 days trying to remember that the real balance is less than what the app says, if it goes in December you'll spend 3 days in the much happier circumstances of knowing the actual bank balance is higher than what the app says.

Sansoora Wed 25-Nov-15 07:06:25

Thank you.

I cant believe Im finding this whole blooming thing so difficult to navigate.

I can usually keep a very accurate running total in my head but I have a project on that I need to watch like hawk hence the YNAB.

Beam me up Scottie confused

NoodleNuts Wed 25-Nov-15 10:32:13

I get paid on 28th and I will enter this months wages as money for November, as that is when I will get it. I then allocate it to the categories (for November) and they roll over into December anyway as my DD's don't come out until 1st or 2nd of the month.

Sansoora Wed 25-Nov-15 18:46:03

Thank you so much smile

Thats all a great help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now