Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credit exemption certificate running out halway through treatment

(3 Posts)
SnozBuriedUnderThePatio Thu 12-Nov-15 15:39:37

Does anyone have any knowledge about these certificates?

DH and I both had tax credit exemption certificates at the start of a course of dental treatment. They have now expired due to income going slightly over the threshold but we are not finished our treatment.

Will we have to pay at the end or are we covered because we were eligible at the start? My research says the latter but our surgery bills at the end of treatment so unsure?

OddBoots Thu 12-Nov-15 15:50:42

You have probably read this leaflet

I would say that where it says on p.7

"The treatment is also free if, when the treatment starts or when the charge is made, you:

are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate"

the important word is 'or' in the first line, you shouldn't be charged because you meet that criteria - if the charging at the end made a difference it would say 'and' instead of 'or.

SnozBuriedUnderThePatio Thu 12-Nov-15 17:48:34

Thank you, I did read that but it wasn't clear to me for some reason. I follow it now. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now