Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

child tax credit just stopped

(3 Posts)
singledadstruggles Tue 03-Nov-15 11:02:27

hiya I have had my child tax credit just stopped, no letter of warning or anything! I have since found out its because of one of my neighbours that dosent live with me and never has is, according to them!! where do they get off putting my details with someone elses just because we both live at a number 3 with same post code but different street names, how can I get them to speed up the mandatory reconsideration? this has been going on for over 2 months now and im really struggling to live on £304 all together for a month, that's jsa (once every 2 weeks) and £20 (every Saturday) £12.50 of that is spent on busses to get my daughter to school every week, can anyone help me to speed up this process please

VulcanWoman Tue 03-Nov-15 11:16:50

They seem to be a law unto themselves as of late. Just keep ringing them calmly and assertively explaining your situation, I know it's hard. I was without any payment for six weeks, computer/person error apparently.
Some of the things I've heard them asking people to send in as evidence is ridiculous. You should get it all backdated, I know this doesn't help you at the minute. Good luck.

PingPongBat Wed 04-Nov-15 20:59:56

Go into your local CAB, they have escalation numbers only available to them to raise this with a supervisor / senior member of tax credit staff. If that fails, then try your local MP, ours is great and very responsive & has helped people around here a lot with this sort of issue.

If you're struggling to pay for food & heating then your local authority should have a welfare fund you can apply to for emergency money.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now