Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

FIL did not get CA - earnings too high? £40 pm?

(6 Posts)
printer11 Mon 02-Nov-15 21:40:43

My FIL earns from self employment about 40 pounds a month and he declared it on the form for CA - they rejected CA because earnings too high? please help. I thought max is 100 pw?

MisForMumNotMaid Mon 02-Nov-15 21:44:19

Somethings got lost in translation. Its £110 income after tax etc now I think.

Is the £40/ month his only income or has he other sources of income that are being taken into account?

They're usually quite good if you phone them at an off peak time and get the right person.

printer11 Mon 02-Nov-15 22:11:51

40 pounds after tax - pm and other earnings - Pension credit? do they take into account PC? Attendance allowance or the partner, State Pension?

Rockchick1984 Tue 03-Nov-15 00:33:03

If he gets state pension then he won't get carers allowance - see here re underlying entitlement.

AndNowItsSeven Tue 03-Nov-15 00:36:04

Cares allowance is paid to " compensate" you if you can't earn much money in employment. A pension also paid for the same reason. Therefore you can't claim both.

thingboo Tue 03-Nov-15 11:58:54

My Dad gets the underlying entitlement to carers allowance as he gets state pension and pension credit. It means he can't get the £62 CA but he gets £34 added to his pension credit. But he doesn't work - the £40 your dad earns probably cancels out the £34 premium he could get.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: