Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Change to repayment of tax credits overpayment

(4 Posts)
LovelyBath Fri 30-Oct-15 11:51:14

Did anyone else get one of these letters from tax credits this week. It is about tax credits overpayments. It says if you have an overpayment from previous years they are going to increase the amount at which you pay it back. And the amount will depend on how much tax credits you get. Anyone have any idea of how much this is changing by? I'm at bit cross about it as we shouldn't have had an overpayment in the first place as we overestimated our income and then didn't notify them of the lesser income in time so it was calculator on the higher about. Our fault but a bit annoying. It's been taken back at quite a low rate until now.

zombiemeow Fri 30-Oct-15 12:19:54

I have an overpayment for the same reason, hoping someone comes along with the answer soon.

I haven't received a letter though confused

chibsortig Wed 04-Nov-15 12:53:02

I had the same letter but nothing yet about what my new payments will be.

PeanutButterLips Mon 16-Nov-15 01:25:41

I received the letter but it was very vague
Not knowing how much it was going up
I'm not worrying till I see how much I'm receiving

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now