Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax code wrong. how to change it?

(2 Posts)
c4kedout Mon 26-Oct-15 09:53:09

lost my job in July (company went bust, redundant). had a few perks which affected my tax code. now on a new job without perks but Hmrc refuse to change my tax code (the tax code looks as if I am getting the perks for the full tax year but I only had them until I was made redundant. they want something in writing from my previous employer about my perks to show I only had them until July to adjust the tax code. problem is the place went bust and nobody is there anymore. there is literally nobody to provide this info. I am paying way too much tax at the moment. anybody had this problem?how do I change it?

TheGirlFromIpanema Mon 26-Oct-15 15:31:43

Your current year tax code is your payment (of tax due) for benefits received in 2014/15 tax year. It will be adjusted after 4th April 2016 for benefits received in 2015/16 iyswim.

Usually a leaving employee would still need a P11d processing but as the company is no longer operating I would call Hmrc after 6th April, with the Paye ref number and ask them to adjust accordingly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: