Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What on earth ar HMRC/Concentrix playing at??

(6 Posts)
CainInThePunting Fri 23-Oct-15 15:10:23

Today, I received a letter from Concentrix on behalf of HMRC informing me that they 'have information that suggests there might be another person linked to me or my address' and asking me for a whole list of proof including bank statements, utility bills and any court or solicitor letters relating to a separation.
I contacted Concentrix who told me the name of the person (I've never heard of him) and said there were two active accounts in his name at my address.
They advised me to contact HMRC who would be able to give me the details so that I could disassociate myself from him financially.
I contacted the tax credits office who said that they have no details of a connection but I could check with the tax office.
The tax office can only see my employer and any tax paid so passed me back to the tax credits office.
This time the tax credits adviser put me on hold to speak to his senior and when he came back on the phone he said that Concentrix have added a note to my account to say that I do not need to respond to the letter and that I would need to speak to Concentrix to get details of these financial links.
I get back through to Concentrix who confirmed that a note has been added to my account but by HMRC and they will not be able to see it for 48 hours. They looked at the details of the man I'm supposed to be financially linked to and said that he is in the same town as me but actually at a different address and there is no link to me or my address. They apologised, said the letter has been sent in error and are going to confirm this in writing.

WTAF is going on there?

CainInThePunting Fri 23-Oct-15 15:12:35

Apologies for title typo *are

CainInThePunting Fri 23-Oct-15 17:46:31

Oh come on!
Can no one find it in themselves to commiserate with me over a three and a half hours on the bloody phone to these sheisters?
Am I the only one who has had this?
I'm sure they just wanted me to send in my bank statements so they could try to claim to have over paid me despite already having my P60.

Milkyway66 Fri 23-Oct-15 18:31:20

There's a whole thread on here about concentrix, I've also received one of these letters so not happy!

KatharineClifton Mon 26-Oct-15 13:59:13

Consider yourself lucky you don't have to spend 9 months going through a merry dance with Concentrix!

3 and a half hours well spent!

And yes, I do sympathise, it's a stupid dance a lot of us are being forced to participate in, and a lot of losers too! Have you read any of the almost 7000 posts wrt Concentrix on the 7 threads on here?

jammyjims Tue 10-Nov-15 20:49:41

It is my understanding that if you claim tax credits/benefits in general you are subject to yearly checks on your claim in whatever way HMRC deem necessary (I too have received these letters in the past and am expecting one again this year!!). Generally nothing to worry about, I have sent documents to tax credits in the past and everything came back fine... I think everyone gets one of these letters at least once during their claim (so it seems) Cain you seem to be lucky enough in that it was a mix up! Did you receive written confirmation as you were told?? If not I would ring again to be on safe side

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now