Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

My old car insurance provider won't release my no claims

(3 Posts)
Tillypops08 Thu 22-Oct-15 16:53:54

Hello
I had to cancel my car insurance last year with a balance of £240 left on the policy due to family troubles I took out a new policy a couple of months later with a new provider and advised I have 9 years no claims bonus but after I asked my previous insurance for my no claims as proof for my new insurance they said they wouldn't release this untill I paid the balance and I couldn't afford to do this I have been paying double on my new policy for the last 10 months because of this I now have the funds to pay this balance and was wondering once my no claims is released to my new insurance will they backdate the over payments I have been making?
Thanks in advance x

KatharineClifton Thu 22-Oct-15 17:04:00

I wouldn't of thought so - why should they?

QforCucumber Mon 26-Oct-15 15:41:48

I used to work for a well known insurance company, if you're still in the same policy year you could update your no claims when proof was received and they would reimburse you the difference in insurance - but only if it was within 12 months of the policy start date and the policy is still live.

just ring them and ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now