Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Benefits sure start grant and maternity allowance

(4 Posts)
Cattcarrx Mon 07-Sep-15 18:42:35

I got made redundant in June and since then I've been on job seekers and now on income support.
I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant today. I'm just wondering when people got there sure start maternity grant and there maternity allowance?
I sent my form for sure start on Wednesday (2/9/15). Worrying as I've been told I'll have my little girl early and still got a couple of expensive things to get.
I sent my form for maternity allowance on
Monday (24/8/15) and still not heard anything and I've not had a single penny so getting slightly worried.
Thank you smile x

blueteapot Tue 08-Sep-15 08:30:35

I dont know about the grant but I know my mat allowance took about 8 weeks to sort and I think thats about normal, so I wouldnt expect to hear of it for a while yet, depends on your area

Cattcarrx Tue 08-Sep-15 15:36:05

This is a text I received today, did you get the same text blueteapot?
We have received your Maternity Allowance claim. We will contact you within 12 working days. You do not need to contact us.

blueteapot Sat 12-Sep-15 08:19:24

Not sure it was back in Jan, I am NI though so different timescales maybe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now