Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Has anyone reduced childcare claim with tc's?

(4 Posts)
RabbitSaysWoof Tue 25-Aug-15 14:41:57

I called tax creds yesterday to notify them ds nursery fee's are going down significantly, they told me to call back 7 days before the new fee starts (so end of month) and then they will pay me the old amount for a further 31 days. I said 'so will I have been overpaid?' they said no its not an over payment. I'm still a bit confused I should have stayed on the phone until I understood! the fee was £235 going down to £22 they paid 70% of it so would I need to keep this money aside for the day they ask for it back? I know it's not loads of money but I hate owing it will be on my mind. Has anyone experienced this and had to pay it back when it is forgotten about?

cooper44 Tue 25-Aug-15 18:30:18

do you mean paying back the four weeks when they pay at the old rate? I think it's just standard that they continue on the old rate - my childcare has gone down two or three times and they always pay for those four weeks - I don't really get why but I've never questioned it. I don't think you will have anything to "pay back"

RabbitSaysWoof Tue 25-Aug-15 22:54:08

Thanks, yeah I ment for that month that they pay me the old rate but I don't pay that much to the nursery.

AndNowItsSeven Fri 28-Aug-15 22:26:31

They don't ask for it back. It's bizarre but they do over pay childcare for four weeks, when you either stop using it or the amount goes down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now