Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

advice on C.C.J

(4 Posts)
melgue57 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:19:11

l would like to know if anyone has looked at there credit report and found a c.c.j and not received the papers. I moved two years ago and they sent them to my old address. Thanks

Rockchick1984 Sun 16-Aug-15 13:11:30

Did you change your address with the company you owe money to? If not, then your best bet will be to contact them and set up a payment plan. If you had changed your address with them, you could try to appeal it.

melgue57 Sun 16-Aug-15 15:21:39

Thanks for answering. I moved out of my house I own jointly with my ex husband due to domestic violence 5 and half years ago the credit card I cant even remember who it was with and I took it out for my ex stupid me.
I moved 3 times after that due to been harassed and could not go back to house I still own due me getting an harassment order on my ex
I redirected all my mail and informed all companies I had moved. I also updated experian report but still they sent the papers to house I havent lived at for 2 years which I think my ex has told them I lived there. If I had knew or got papers work I would of started making some type of payment

melgue57 Sun 16-Aug-15 15:25:42

Also I dont who the company is the c.c.j is stating it the land registry who put the c.c.j on. I want contact the court and have the c.c.j set aside but it is goin to cost 150 pounds. This will effect my credit rating and I just trying to get my life back together. Once i know who the company is through the court I will make a payment .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: