Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Working tax credits

(5 Posts)
Glitterball86 Fri 14-Aug-15 18:19:33

My maternity leave started on 1 August (am due 22 Seotember) when should I apply for this? I only receive SMP if that makes any difference? TIA

Glitterball86 Fri 14-Aug-15 18:31:06

Apologies for the typos :/ this is my first pregnancy and yes I have started my mat leave rather early but has been a very stressful pregnancy so want some time to be selfish and relax before little one arrives smile

Babyroobs Fri 14-Aug-15 21:11:58

Whether you are eligible for any working tax credits or child tax credits (once the baby is born) depends on your joint household income. They will look initially at your joint earnings for tax year 2014-15 and you can then ask for it to be re-assessed based on your estimated income for 2015-16. The current threshold for child tax creidts is arounf £26k for a first child , falling to £21k ( approx) next April 2016.

Babyroobs Fri 14-Aug-15 21:12:57

Justto add you can only apply for child tax credits once the baby is born, most people claim child benefit first then once that is sorted you can claim child tax credits if eligible.

Glitterball86 Sun 16-Aug-15 10:06:03

Thank you for your advice smile it's just me so no joint income to consider x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now