Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Change property ownership

(1 Post)
Avidreader12 Fri 14-Aug-15 14:18:04

I am unmarried have a Ds with partner who live with, I own property jointly with partner mortgaged, but we both put money into property him 20k me 50k so bit of a difference between us, reading some threads about consequences should one of us die/ split, I am considering severing joint agreement and asking solicitor to draw up deed of trust so that if we split it clearly says we would get our original amount back after mortgage paid then rest equity at 50/ 50. Not sure if relevant but I am concerned Dp has personal debt hiding and has different attitudes to money to me. I want to protect my Ds should I die in my will leaving my estate to him in trust. Do you think this is sensible as currently neither of us has will provision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now