Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Ill health Pension

(3 Posts)
2wenty2wenty Thu 13-Aug-15 18:15:07

My partner has been retired off due to ill health, he has been given a full pension of £21,000 this will be his only source of income. I'm a low earner (£8,000 pa) Does anyone know if his pension earnings will be considered when making a claim for tax credits? His illness/disability is not a work related illness.

Rockchick1984 Fri 14-Aug-15 11:08:44

Yes that will be taken into account, so depending on how many children you have you'll either get no tax credits or a small amount. Have you checked if he is eligible for PIP?

2wenty2wenty Fri 14-Aug-15 12:07:38

Thank you Rockchick. I thought so. Yes he's just started getting PIP which is a help, the Royal Marsden nurses forgot to tell us we were legible a year and a half ago when first diagnosed. We have 2 children. It's going to be a struggle but we'll just have to get used to having less pennies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now