Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is kidits a scam site?

(22 Posts)
jellymaker Tue 11-Aug-15 20:46:08

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of buying from "kidits". I recently ordered some discontinued lego from them and have not received it. Just going on their face book page and typing in kidits review has revealed that several other people have had the same problem. I am going to be contacting my credit card company tomorrow to see if they can help me. Just wondering if others have had any problems with this spanish company or whether you have have had goods delivered? Thanks

Emmy82 Wed 12-Aug-15 17:04:58

My parents ordered a swing for my daughter about a month ago and haven't received it. It's showing as shipped and currently with Yodel awaiting delivery, however Yodel have said that they've only received the paperwork. They've tried contacting them but to no avail.

jellymaker Wed 12-Aug-15 21:19:40

Thanks for your response. I am wondering if they have gone bust.

ptrett Wed 23-Sep-15 15:07:55

Do NOT use KIDITS !
I recently paid for some goods at over £50, the money has left my account but the goods have not been delivered and they have not replied to calls or emails. I have opened a PayPal dispute !!

Ataebbb Thu 08-Oct-15 04:11:04

It is not a scam, I'very just received car seat ordered from Kidits. 10 days late, but much cheaper than anywhere else, so I didn't mind the wait.

Doormouse83 Sun 08-Nov-15 08:30:45

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.
Ordered a car over £100 in August. Still no car still no refund despite numerous emails and a promise of a refund. Luckily bought on credit card who have given us our money back. I WONDER IF THEY ARE LEGITIMATE!

JamesGet12 Thu 10-Dec-15 10:15:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Fannycraddock79 Thu 10-Dec-15 10:29:48

Hmm, where do you work James?

Hoppinggreen Thu 10-Dec-15 17:16:02

A vastity of array?
And who is Miscota?
I also wonder where " James " might work

anthonyjewitt Fri 22-Jan-16 09:31:45

Hi, i can only implore you not to order from this site. i ordered two car seats for £600 and they never arrived. All i got was a string of lies and excuses. they have a Facebook page filled with others saying the same. if you want to risk it ONLY PAY BY PAYPAL. my case is still going through as they don't respond to paypal disputes so you have to wait for paypal to decide in your favour after 10 days. it's been the worst online shopping experience of my life.

Blake27 Fri 22-Apr-16 10:31:25

had my money taken and no goods delivered. Ignored when requesting a refund & tried to take another £20 from my card unauthorised. Had to go through my credit card company and PayPal to try and get my £300 back. Absolutely disgusting and should be ceased from trading. Do not order from this site!!!

skye21 Sat 14-May-16 18:15:39

Kidit.co.uk has another site called Jardinitis.
I have tried numerous times to order last year, hundreds spent and nothing or the wrong, cheaper goods arrive.
Ended up doing a chargeback through the bank for all the orders, avoid.

Samdunne80 Fri 22-Jul-16 23:52:30

Worst customer service ever and wosrt delivery ,its scam they took money after that send you something else and asking you to pay more for return the wrong item and keep killing time till you feel tired and forget about your money.

MrsBlackman Tue 02-Aug-16 19:45:32

I felt the need to write this after all the awful reviews above. I ordered a GB Pockit stroller for just under £200 and paid by PayPal so I was protected if anything did go wrong (I kind of expected it to after all the reviews above but thought I'd take the risk). I was kept up to date by email and my stroller arrived around 2 weeks before the expected delivery date. The goods take longer than UK sites because they're coming from abroad but I did not have any problems and would definitely use them again.

kaylaa23 Wed 10-Aug-16 21:53:00

My sister spent 90 Euro's on a tricycle (Triciclo Ferrari) last year for my nephew's 1st birthday. Within a year, one of the wheels fell off. No one expects a tricycle to break down this fast after only pushing a toddler forward. Clearly this must be a manufacturers defect. My nephew weights only 11 kg's.

1. It's really hard to contact them. You can only sent a contact form through the website and pray that they will reply you.
2. After the photo's was sent to Kidits, they replied they would sent it to their reklamation? dept.
3. Several days later, the representative replied with the following:
''We contacted the brand concerning your issue.
They told us the garanty is 6 months only for fabrication default.
We asked for a replacement of the wheel but for now it is not available.''
4. When my sister complaint again, she replied with:
''We contacted the brand concerning your issue.
As soon as we have further information, we will contact you.''

Of course, 6 weeks have past and no one has contacted us.

Basically, the two years warranty that they offer on their website is not honored. Instead of solving the problem, they push it to the brand? My sister didn't buy the tricycle with the brand but with Kidit's themselves! After complaining and pointing out the policy they have, they still did NOT bother to reply on this or anything else.

Question yourself if a 90 euro tricycle from Kidits is worth the money if you can only use it for 10 months..
I just wanted to warn everyone because now the tricycle is just lying around in my sister's garage and my 2 year old nephew doesn't understand why he can't sit in his (broken) tricycle!

faridanagree Mon 14-Nov-16 13:51:12

Hi, really wanted to order a product from Kidits, but after reading the reviews I was unsure whether I could trust them. The item was not a fortune and my husband told me it's £35. if it arrives we have saved a mini fortune and if it doesn't you've not lost much. So I did. I placed the order on the 27th Oct 16, for my nephews birthday present. The expected date was 11th Nov, which as the day before his birthday. We waited, to get no parcel. Both my husband nd i tried to reassure one another and said that a day late is not a big deal. On Monday, as I worked from home, I heard the doorbell. To my surprise I got the parcel. I would definately buy from them again.

Lollollollol Tue 15-Nov-16 19:46:32

Faidanagree. Are you new to this site wink.

I'd rather order from Amazon from a U.K. Based company.

faridanagree Tue 15-Nov-16 20:13:40

Yes I am. Sorry I did mean to write a story.

MrsB27 Tue 29-Nov-16 12:48:55

I had a bad feeling when I ordered from Kidits last month and should have trusted my instincts. I wish I had checked reviews of the site first!
I ordered over two weeks ago, they took the money from me the next day but no goods have arrived (sadly I did not use PayPal so won't get the money back). The tracker has been stuck at the processing stage for two weeks.
They are impossible to contact. I tried emailing them but received an automatic response to say that the email address is not monitored.
Lesson learned for me but I wanted to warn others against using Kidits.

davem1963 Sat 10-Dec-16 12:53:07

DO NOT....... I repeat..... DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dialeemo Sat 21-Jan-17 10:31:56

Terrible customer experience! I ordered 2 car seats from here. They were Bebe Confort which is the name that Maxi Cosi trades under in Europe and are almost 30-40% cheaper. This site was the only place I could find that sold them so I ordered via PayPal. No confirmation email received and after reading the reviews (after I'd purchased) I was fearing the worst. 3 weeks went by and still nothing but then a knock at the door and there they are! Would I buy from them again? Maybe if it was a big item and only through PayPal or credit card but clearly not a great company.

user1486651493 Thu 09-Feb-17 15:13:07

Hello Guys,

My name is Juan and I am a representent of KIDITS and in the name of the company I would like to say that we are very sorry to read all those messages about your terrible experiences with our shop and we apologize for the inconveniences.

I am here to help you and solve all your problems since that's what it is all about.
Due to a staff changing we had severe delays on our orders and we apologize for those of you who didn't received their orders in time.
At the moment we are working hard to try to erase those problems and be as efficient as possible.

When you have an issue and in order to solve it as soon as possible you must get in touch with our Customer Service.

Here is the direct link : www.kidits.co.uk/contact

In the section ""I have already made my purchase"" you will find the options:

- ""Order Status"": will allow you to view the current status of the order

- ""Modify my order"": will allow you to fill out a contact form
Directly a member of our team that will solve your doubt

If you want to receive information about our products, promotions and offers you can contact through the section ""Account Bilua professionals and individuals""

You can also contact us at the : 020 3389 5204 with timetable from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Our Customer Service is working hard to be able to solve all the problems as soon as possible. If you send a fast request you will be informed shortly.

Do not forget you can also contact us via our Facebook page if you want updates about your purchase and if you have doubts about it.

We hope that those changes will instantly make a difference and that you will be happy customers again.

King regards,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now