Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Virgin subscription - going up again

(5 Posts)
Bluebell66 Fri 31-Jul-15 17:55:32

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've had a letter today saying my Virgin TV subscription is going up again. I really need to find something cheaper. Does anyone know, if I moved to Sky, would I have to give up my Virgin Media email address? This would involve a lot of hassle that I could do without at the moment. TIA

AmandaTanen Fri 31-Jul-15 17:58:29

I got a text to say mine was going up by £3 a month again, I phoned to cancel and I got it down to £50 a month compared to £76. Getting a TiVo box, 50 something's of broadband and the same TV and phone package.

Bluebell66 Fri 31-Jul-15 18:38:51

Thanks Amanda, probably worth giving them a call then. The only problem is I need a couple of the Sports channels for my DS. He has Aspergers, and this is one thing he really enjoys. I don't think they will be prepared to just let me have a couple of them. I think it will be the whole Sports package, which is so expensive, or nothing. The problem is, we don't watch half of the channels. Very frustrating.

Julieb85 Mon 03-Aug-15 21:00:19

I have the exact same problem with Sky. It feels like it's going up every other month. I usually call them and pretend to cancel and renegotiate. It's a nightmare as I don't have the option of going to Virgin as its not in my area. But sounds like they are all the same!

Bluebell66 Tue 04-Aug-15 05:43:25

They are Julie. I rang Virgin and managed to negotiate my package down by £10 a month but with increased services, so at least I've got it down a bit. The chap at Virgin was telling me that I would have exactly the same problem at Sky, but then I suppose he would, but I do agree with you, they are all the same when it comes down to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now