Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Advice on IVA companies

(5 Posts)
juicy8667 Fri 31-Jul-15 13:21:14

Hi,

I am thinking about going for an IVA as that is the only option available for me, citizens advice has recommended Grant Thornton however I have found many negative reviews both here and other websites.

Can anyone share your experience with Grant Thornton or can you recommend any other companies.

Thanks in advance.

EverythingsShinyCaptnNotToFret Fri 31-Jul-15 19:31:52

The IVA Forum on MSE is super for getting really good advice and helping you through the minefield.

twinkletoedelephant Fri 31-Jul-15 19:35:31

We have just had our final payment accepted :-)

If I had to do it again ( and will never) I would go with a non profit organisation the fees we paid ( taken out of the money we Paid in were huge we worked out er should have paid 93p in the pound based on what we paid in over 5 years... Our creditors only revieved 35p in the pound.

The relief we have now we are all done and dusted is fantastic :-)

Empem288 Fri 31-Jul-15 19:37:08

No knowledge of Grant Thornton but one that is recommended and recognised is the Step Change Debt charity. They don't take any fee and most creditors recognise/recommend them.

Itsalldramarama Sun 02-Aug-15 18:41:25

Grant Thornton has bad feedback in the IVA forum , I used steps change in April and they were fantastic , although they will refer complicated circumstances to others including grant Thornton !! If you are a home owner make sure you understand the equity clause . Check out the IVa forum for advice and information

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now