Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Childcare vouchers - bosses aren't interested

(4 Posts)
LouiseFromLondon Wed 29-Jul-15 19:37:54

I have asked my employers three times about joining the childcare vouchers scheme and they just ignore me. Does anyone know whether they are they obliged to enter the scheme if their employees want to, or if I can do anything to make them? I think they are just being lazy. I have even offered to set the scheme up for them. This is particularly ridiculous as they are a charity and the scheme would save them money!

Do you have a union representative, is this something they could assist with?

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Wed 29-Jul-15 19:45:45

They don't have to offer them. Though generally it does save them some money, if an employee who already gets childcare vouchers goes on maternity leave again and that employee gets smp they can't deduct the salary sacrifice amount and have to pay for the vouchers thus leading to costs the organisation.

LouiseFromLondon Wed 29-Jul-15 20:05:07

No I don't have a union rep. They are small charity (100 - 200 employees).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now