Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Paying into pension and tax credits

(3 Posts)
Itsallaboutme3 Thu 16-Jul-15 18:50:16

I have recently started paying into work pension, around £80 a month, do i need to let hmrc knoww regarding working and child tax credit and will it affect it? Thanks

Indantherene Fri 17-Jul-15 17:08:00

Yes and yes.

lougle Fri 17-Jul-15 17:20:29

Only if the contributions are deducted from your net salary. If they are deducted from gross salary then your P60 will show the taxable pay as your gross pay-pension.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now