Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How much can I earn??

(3 Posts)
Breadandcircus16 Wed 15-Jul-15 20:13:42

Hi All
Recently separated and going through divorce. I'm on Tax credits as only earn 11000. (For context there is no maintenance money atm as STBXH can't currently afford) At the moment there are crazy amounts of overtime going at work which I have so far declined In fear of the dreaded over payment come the end of the year. Does anyone know yearly 'limit' for my credits to remain unchanged? Tax credit people just refer me to calculator which always seems wrong! would much appreciate any advice

googley2 Thu 16-Jul-15 00:59:34

Try ring up tax credits again, pretend you have something like dyslexia and you need a human to talk you through the calculator - they should then put you through to someone who will help.

Viviennemary Thu 16-Jul-15 11:13:06

I think I read that there is a £5000 disregard once your tax credits have been fixed for that year. But it's going down but not till next year or later. But check it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now