Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI on Lloyds TSB loans/overdrafts

(6 Posts)
SuperFlyHigh Wed 15-Jul-15 10:38:35

OK - have had a few loans over the years with LLoyds TSB and I know I've been sold PPI without them asking me whether I wanted it - apart from the current one which did ask me.

Anyway about 2-3 years ago I claimed back PPI for I think 3 loans - in total there were about 6 but they were so quick sending me my letter and putting money in my account that I didn't have enough time to query the loans - whether I had been asked about PPI then. I also saw something in the media last month or month before about Lloyds being in trouble for paying out too early, not looking into everything. So I should follow this up, right?

then there's PPI on overdrafts which I know I had. what to do here?

I know the overdrafts and loans were my fault but the misseling of PPI on them is their fault!

ideas/advice please?

PS - if anyone wants to share their PPI stories here please do there was an old thread but it's now a zombie.

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 15-Jul-15 11:08:13

Hi, I have had back 16k on various accounts, like you a couple of them were just money put in my account, but about a year ago I had a random 8k put in my account as they had underpaid my od insurance protection - altogether I got back 9k on my overdraft protection. I would in your shoes, write to Lloyds and ask them to give you the breakdown of how they worked out your settlements. You may be in line for some more.

SuperFlyHigh Wed 15-Jul-15 11:30:22

Grumpy that's the thing I have no idea what to do about the overdraft protection and it seems longwinded compared to PPI. I intend to chase up Lloyds re my other PPI anyway.

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 15-Jul-15 12:20:43

Hi, I treated the OD insurance exactly the same as PPI - I literally just wrote to them complaining about being mis-sold overdraft protection, which I was and they stumped up - took a while though, this was Barclays. I was mis-sold as I was self employed but needed to extend my overdraft between buying and selling a house, they wouldn't up my od unless I had protection. For a while I assumed it was od interest tbh, it was a very busy time in my life. They came up with 1.5k then I hassled them for interest for the time it took to settle so got another 700.00 - then the surprise 8k landed in my account with a full breakdown. It may be long winded via TSB and might take a long time but it is worth it, as my new carpets, sofas, double glazing and great holiday testify! I also reclaimed for a mis-sold packaged account and got that settled for 500.00
Good luck

SuperFlyHigh Wed 15-Jul-15 12:27:00

oh right... I will do the same.

I got missold PPI refund re my mortgage with Santander that was fairly straightforward.

I was mis-sold simply because the idiots didn't ask me and i was always covered by other investments and sick pay from company. I was sort of bricking it re the fact they wouldn't pay out but through MSE etc knew what i was and wasn't entitled to. just Lloyds paid out pretty damned quick re the loans as I'm sure they sometimes give a big amount out as a sweetener and try to think you'll bugger off/go away re the others... thanks!

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 15-Jul-15 12:31:33

One letter, one stamp, what do you have to lose? Just keep your letter on point, 'you didn't need it because...' and prepare for a long wait that will hopefully be worth it, and do query the amount and ask for a breakdown if you win. (if you are not happy or think you are owed more)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: