Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Lloyds loan issues - anyone ever had a loan from there? Or who can otherwise advise?

(3 Posts)
TidyDancer Mon 13-Jul-15 20:52:27

The long and the short of it is that DP and I applied for a loan on Saturday from Lloyds and it was approved. For a reason they couldn't explain at the time, it wasn't 'allowing' us to complete it online and the man said he would send the paperwork through the post. At this time, the loan was showing as approved and being processed on the website and the mobile version too. Today, the loan is only showing as approved on the mobile website.

I called the customer helpline and they thought it was a bit weird, mainly because it was showing on one and not the other, but that it was currently 'with the Glasgow office' who are apparently the ones who deal with loan paperwork. The lady on the phone tonight said this is what she expected because the paperwork needs to be approved before being sent out, but that she didn't fully understand it without speaking directly to the Glasgow loans team. 45 minutes on hold to them and I had to give up as DCs to put to bed.

Has anyone had any experience with any of this? We need the money for something quite urgent that has come up and it will be pretty disastrous if the loan is cancelled (we can more than afford the monthly repayments but don't have a large sum of money to hand at the moment, hence the reason for the loan). I guess I'm just quite worried that it will be cancelled and we're currently up shit creek without it.

PinkGinny Mon 13-Jul-15 22:19:41

Could be that the KYC check wasn't completed online in which case you maybe asked to verify your identity before the loan can complete.

TidyDancer Tue 14-Jul-15 07:03:20

Thank you for the reply. She said it was really rare for a loan to be cancelled at this stage but that is my worry. Natural worrier here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now