Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Sharing child benefit?

(4 Posts)
itaintmebabe Mon 13-Jul-15 10:50:56

My stbxh receive the child benefit for our two children.

As we are separating, I think I'll need to be in receipt of child benefit to be able to get other benefits such as tax credits and housing benefit (is this right)?

I'll need these benefits to be able to do I o about getting half of the childbenefit? He's not going to hand this over to me willingly...

LIZS Mon 13-Jul-15 16:44:49

Normally it is paid to the mother. Do you mean that it goes into his bank or is in his name ? If it is in your name you can ring HMRC and ask to direct it to your own account.

itaintmebabe Mon 13-Jul-15 17:11:49

It is in his name and goes in to his bank account. I don't know why, it's just the way it's always been.

LIZS Mon 13-Jul-15 17:27:37

Who will the dc live with ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now