Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Have I been scammed? Waterloo 200 coin

(14 Posts)
Picamix Sat 11-Jul-15 23:03:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Picamix Sat 11-Jul-15 23:08:07

Sleepyhoglet Sun 12-Jul-15 18:42:12

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/03/waterloo-200-anniversary-medals-reissued

Sorry I haven't clicky.

DameMargaretOfChalfont Sun 12-Jul-15 20:51:08

You might find this link very enlightening.

Read and be warned.

Picamix Sun 12-Jul-15 22:10:35

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 12-Jul-15 22:17:52

we've bought the Waterloo one - it's very nice!

we didn't pay upfront & as far as I can tell (??? shock) haven't committed to any further purchases - they sent a folder (which was extra) with spaces to put the other medals, but ordering them appears to be a distinct further step.

Picamix Sun 12-Jul-15 22:25:12

AuditAngel Sun 12-Jul-15 22:32:28

I ordered one for each of our children (using mum and sister as only one per household) DH asked what the costs were for the full set. After checking and discovering it was over £400 we reverted the 3rd order back to the free coin.

Received an email advising the £400 order confirmation. We emailed back, were told it couldn't be cancelled, they emailed a postage paid return sticker. The pack never arrived, then emailed them again, then found I had been charged for it. I am in the process of raising a dispute via my credit card as the company did not follow their own T&C's (did not allow cancellation and has not arrived after more than 28 days).

Annoyingly the children were subsequently given one of the Waterloo coins each.

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 12-Jul-15 22:32:39

I can't remember how long ago we ordered it - not very long, 2-3 weeks maybe?

it arrived during the last week & I paid by internet banking (£5.45 because we requested the folder, which was an extra £2.95)

I've just read through the T&C on the bumf & I can't see that we're committed to anything extra; the other 4 medals are available via www.4monarchs.co.uk but it seems as if you do have to positively order them confused

but I'll report back if anything unsolicited turns up!

Picamix Sun 12-Jul-15 22:42:14

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 12-Jul-15 22:47:01

no, I'm not aware of having opened an account - though you've got me worried now shockshockshock

Picamix Sun 12-Jul-15 22:54:22

Picamix Mon 13-Jul-15 09:46:59

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Mon 13-Jul-15 20:37:37

Oh thanks for that, Picamix - very reassuring! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now