Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Clear a ccj?

(2 Posts)
Somethingpink Fri 10-Jul-15 23:37:05

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could help me please?

Dh is on esa for mental health issues so I have been trying to sort out his finances and any existing debt. He had a loan in 2007 but lost his job and they told him he couldn't use his ppi so it ended up going to court. We tried arranging payments but they kept on passing the debt to different companies, eventually they accepted it back and told us if we could prove that he is out of work with illness they would see what they could do. Dh's psychotherapist sent a letter to them explaining everything, a week or so later we got a letter saying the debt has been cleared shock (this was a big amount). We thought that's great but now he still has a ccj on his credit report and we don't know how to to remove it. Do we phone experian? Or is it more complicated than that?

TarquinMoriartyGruntfuttockII Sat 11-Jul-15 16:17:49

It's more complicated than that. You have to contact the court to ask them to remove it and this will cost you money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now