Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Switching bank account, worried about payments going in

(4 Posts)
Coco0123 Mon 06-Jul-15 10:32:27

I've switched to a new bank account a couple of weeks ago, did the online switch set up & had notification that it was all set up & I didn't need to do anything else.
I'm due tax credits on Thursday & can't stop worrying now that they are not going to turn up in my new account or be seriously delayed!
Anyone switched accounts, did it go smoothly?

rogueantimatter Mon 06-Jul-15 14:15:07

Yes I've switched and had no problems. Perhaps you could phone the tax-credits number for confirmation that they have your new account number (but it's difficult to get through as they are famously poor at answering calls)

Itsalldramarama Tue 07-Jul-15 11:25:47

I switched to nat west on line and it all went smoothly smile there's a 3 month window where anything put in your old acount will automatically transfer to new one so I wouldn't worry

Coco0123 Tue 07-Jul-15 18:13:22

Thanks to both of you! I did ring tax credits yesterday which is just as well as they had no details of new account number despite switch being complete Friday 3rd, it probably takes a little while to all update.

My old account closed last Friday, I've a feeling tax credits this thurs will try to go into that. Anyone know how long it will take to be redirected to my new account, I'm really reliant this week on getting it sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now