Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

2015 Budget Benefit changes?

(3 Posts)
mossland Thu 02-Jul-15 20:41:33

I am very worried about the changes to benefits that are about to be announced in the Budget next week. All kinds of leaks and rumours flying about the tory government cutting ESA even for the sickest people. My daughter sufferes from Chronic Migraine which is that she suffers from debilitating attacks 15 to 20 days a month, she does have the odd good day when she can go out and do things but it is totally unpredicatable and in spite of best efforts she has been unable to work due to the condition and has been placed in the support group. Some are suggesting and the distinction between ESA support and work related activity will be scrapped and that all even the sickest will have to look for work and they will all get the same as JSA. It is just so unrealistic, cuts would put my daughter on the breadline and she is already very vulnerable.

Does anyone have any idea of what they are planning?

GatoradeMeBitch Thu 02-Jul-15 22:54:21

Nope, but I'm interested to hear too. DS will probably be a candidate for ESA at some point.

Preciousbane Thu 02-Jul-15 23:43:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now