Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Npower worries

(5 Posts)
steppedonlego Thu 25-Jun-15 09:32:41

I've been having problems with npower since December 2013, when I received a bill for thousands of pounds. I was shocked, and went to check my meter outside (I live in flats) the meter with my flat number on was different from the bill, and as my neighbour had recently told me she'd switched suppliers, I assumed she'd got the wrong meter.

I told npower about this and they said they'd arrange a site visit. This continues for over a year, with me demanding that they come and visit, and them then sending bigger bills, and when I rang, they apologised and then the same would happen again.

Eventually got through to executive complaints, they said they'd arrange a site visit back in April, but it still hasn't happened.

My problem is, I recently went out to the meters and found that the one I thought was mine (with my number on) actually isn't, and it's the one that npower thinks is mine that is actually mine. I was wrong all along.

The ombudsman won't touch it because the compaint has been going on for so long. What are my rights and what can I do? The bill is enough to actually bankrupt me and I'm at my wits end, I don't know what to do.

annielostit Thu 25-Jun-15 10:42:57

Call them / write them.
Explain this is getting ridiculous etc.
Do you actually think the bills are right and how? Have you not paid.

steppedonlego Thu 25-Jun-15 11:17:48

I have called and emailed to hurry them along to no avail.

I have no idea if the bills are right, I've found things saying that if they've not billed you correctly they can only charge for the last 12 months but I have no idea how this would apply to my situation.

annielostit Thu 25-Jun-15 16:12:46

www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/energy-back-billing/

OhHowILoveMyPuppies Thu 25-Jun-15 16:20:28

We too are having serious billing problems with nPower. They messed up in July 2014 getting a lot of customers bills wildly wrong. I've spent many a sleepless night sine last December worrying about it.

Google nPower billing problems and read up on other's stories. Two weeks ago we used Martin Lewis's Resolve website to try and get both a correct bill and resolution , but nPower haven't replied as yet.

Do some serious googling at how bad nPower have been...you'll get so annoyed at their incompetence you'll be getting results from constant complaining (hopefully)

Typing on phone so apologies for spelling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now