Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Estate agents fees and private buyer

(5 Posts)
pipnchops Fri 19-Jun-15 03:40:27

Just wondered whether anyone could advise.

We have had our house on the market with a local estate agent under a sole selling rights agreement since the beginning of the year but so far there have only been a handful of viewings and no offers yet.

My parents have now said they might like to buy our house as an investment. If they did, would we still have to pay the estate agents their fee?

Thanks in advance.

DooWhop Fri 19-Jun-15 04:22:18

Check your contract with the agents. I do think you will have to so id recommend taking off the market for a while and then going ahead. Be careful as a local firm here reckons on ssr for 12 months after removal from market shock in their contract.
Alternatively you or your parents swallow the costs, depends how much I'm guessing.

Gdydgkyk Fri 19-Jun-15 05:12:03

I don't think you have to as it was a link you already had rather then a link the estate agent made

FishWithABicycle Fri 19-Jun-15 06:41:34

When we changed selling agents (because the first ones were crap) they gave us a list of the names of the people they had shown our house to and said if we sold to them or anyone related to them then we would have to pay their fee. But yes check your contract.

pipnchops Fri 19-Jun-15 08:41:02

Thanks I'll check the contract... Now I've got to try and find it ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now