Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage application started - what next?

(4 Posts)
FinallyLearntToBudget Thu 18-Jun-15 22:21:07

Just a quick Q from someone who's never bought a house before.

I had an agreement in principle for a mortgage arranged through a broker.

I've now found a house, had an offer on a house accepted and am now apying for the mortgage proper from the lender.

I just sent my bank statements, payslips, proof of ID etc to my mortgage broker, and he said he'd 'start the application process'.

This sounds a bit dim, but can anyone explain to me what happens next? I've read about mortgage interviews. Do I have to attend/have one of these if I'm using a broker?

Thanks in advance!

FinallyLearntToBudget Thu 18-Jun-15 22:21:49

Excuse typos - bloomin' phone!

Luciferbox Thu 18-Jun-15 22:25:26

I never had one with a broker. We've just bought our first home. After submitting all our docs we waited about 2 weeks for them to do their checks on us. Then they valued the property (about a wk later) and it all went into the hands of our solicitors.

FinallyLearntToBudget Thu 18-Jun-15 22:29:27

Thanks Lucifer. That sounds lovely and straightforward. Here's hoping mine's the same!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now