Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Joint bank account. My husband has taken money and lied about it. Is it fraud?

(2 Posts)
Loopylin50 Mon 15-Jun-15 22:51:50

I noticed on my joint bank account statement that £6,000 was withdrawn by cheques. We had had money back from a new build Vat return. I requested to the bank to see copies of the cheques and my husband had written them to his credit card and to himself. Previously he had given me a letter saying he had not had any of the VAT return. As I have a letter from him stating he did not have any of the funds and the cheques written by him, is this disception or fraud?

Superexcited Mon 15-Jun-15 22:54:55

It's a joint account so legally he can withdraw money if he wants to. What he has done is immoral and would make me question the relationship as I wouldn't be able to trust him but I don't think you can do anything legally regardless of the letter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now