Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

dwp clutching at straws

(7 Posts)
Bjcbear Sat 13-Jun-15 08:15:26

In this day and age the Dwp have brought their tactics to a new low
My husband had to go to a tribunal as he was accused of working as an hgv driver which when producing his digi card proved he hadn't the Dwp used a tactic that as I ran a little woods catalogue for myself and family that was classed as work and as payments went into my account and then to little woods it was classed as earnings they are saying that the commission earnt on purchases ( last years commission was £65 ) has to be declared and taken into account so please be aware that this is now a serious issue for probably thousands of you out there

ilovechristmas1 Sat 13-Jun-15 20:09:40

bloody hell they really are stooping to new lows

Chchchchangeabout Sat 13-Jun-15 20:16:32

I don't understand why this is a low? Is it just that you are annoyed they have asked to declare a small amount of earnings? Why would you not expect to do this?!?

The HGV thing sounds annoying though if they were wrong. I guess they have to check stuff out though?

ilovechristmas1 Sat 13-Jun-15 20:26:15

i think they could spend their time better with tracking Ebay accounts that sell more than personal possessions and commercial car boot'ers

Bjcbear Sun 14-Jun-15 06:44:36

With a commission of £65 and say fuel taken out over a year of £15 and say 15hours a year in total to do paperwork I earnt a total of £ 3 pounds an hour each month so chchchchangeabout that fortune I have earnt will take the Dwp at least £20 per month to administer so you seem very cynical if you think this is not a low

To me it just seemed that they were clutching a t straws to get justification for something

paxtecum Sun 14-Jun-15 06:53:38

I bought a new item for work off a UK ebay shop. The shop had sold something like 25,000 items so far that year.
I asked for a VAT receipt and was told they weren't VAT registered.
They were well over the VAT threshold.

Slightly different to £60 per year.

Bjcbear Sun 14-Jun-15 07:58:41

I agree but the little guy is easier to target

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now