Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity and Paternity pay

(4 Posts)
earnshp Wed 10-Jun-15 13:34:52

I'm trying to find out roughly what our maternity and paternity pay will be after tax etc does such a tool exist?

I know there are calculators that will tell me the paternity pay is £139.58 per week for 2 weeks but what will the monthly pay (including the normal salary) be after tax for the month the paternity leave is taken?

Does the maternity / paternity pay get taxed at the same rate as normal pay would be? (about 40k)

Julieb85 Wed 10-Jun-15 16:48:43

Typically when you are on stautory maternity or paternity pay (approx �139 p/w) you arent taxed for this period as there arent enough earnings. I actually had a few (small) tax rebates during mat leave, as your tax is cumulative, so it meant I was over taxed over the course of the year.

A 4 week month worked out around �585. A 5 week month around �690.

For your partner just work out his weekly pay and replace 2 weeks with Paternity pay then pop tht through the take home calultator on moneysaving expert!

earnshp Thu 11-Jun-15 09:18:20

Thanks for your help

huney78 Thu 11-Jun-15 11:21:06

Can any one help me im 29 weeks pregnant and sent my maternity allwance form over a month ago bad payzlipz back but nothink else very worried as have no money

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now